Join 6 weekly, 1.5-hour sessions to build:
Positive Approach to Care® Awareness, Knowledge, and Skills
that create quality of life for people living with dementia
- Enhance awareness and knowledge of dementia.
- Understand cognitive and functional ability changes throughout the progression of dementia.
- Identify proactive interventions to promote well-being and reduce challenging situations.
- Provide care partners with the ability to recognize unmet needs and the skills to change to better meet those needs for themselves and those they care for.
- Develop a tool belt for supportive communication techniques and adaptive strategies.
- Improve day-to-day interactions and develop effective hands-on care techniques.
- Response Ability – Introduction to brain change, ability changes, and helpful responses*
- Changes in Sight – Understand the dramatic impact of sensory changes and ways to support*
- Discerning Comprehension – Recognize if you are being understood and how to be understood*
- Getting Connected – Practice simple, effect techniques to enhance relationships and outcomes*
- Doing With – Learn the art of Care Partnering instead of Care Giving using abilities that remain*
- Challenging Situations – Expand a growing toolbox with problem solving for common scenarios*
*Subject to change as per needs and wants of the group*