Up to 12 hours of building awareness, knowledge, and skills
virtually or in person – over one or multiple sessions
Recognizing symptoms of dementia and knowing how to reduce stress and resistance of people affected with the disease during precarious situations is vital for emergency personnel. Improving Emergency Services for Dementia Patients shows law enforcement officers, firefighters, EMTs, 911 dispatchers, and emergency room personnel how to best handle challenging behaviors and issues related to abuse or neglect.
- about Alzheimers and other forms of dementia
- how to recognize that dementia might be present
- how to best help the person with dementia in cases of abuse, neglect, fraud, theft, wandering/elopement, or medical emergencies
- how to best communicate with a person living with dementia
- to use a Positive Physical Approach™ in interactions for improved outcomes
- how to get a person living with dementia to cooperate and follow instructions
Contact Jessica at email@example.com or (519)-274-9090 to inquire or book today.